Instructions To Vendors
HSL is interested to have competent & cost effective vendors on its approved vendor list for supply of goods and services for our Shipbuilding / Ship Repair / Submarine Retrofit activities. EQUIPMENT / MATERIAL Suppliers/ Manufacturers; Sub-contractors for STEEL STRUCTURAL Fabrication/ Erection, PAINTING, PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL, MACHINING & General ENGINEERING, works; Civil Construction, IT Agencies/ SERVICES PROVIDERS etc., who are desirous of registration with HSL may apply for vendor registration furnishing the following documents in duplicate (in two separate FLAT FILES) for our consideration. Applicant vendors must ensure that all documents submitted are numbered in chronological order with proper separator sheets. All documents submitted should be in A4 size and page numbers are to be indicated against the relevant columns in the application form (pages to be numbered bottom to top). Incomplete applications / those without required documentation are liable for rejection.
VENDOR REG FORM SUPPLIER
GUIDELINES FOR VENDOR REGISTRATION
LIST OF ITEMS MATERIALSEQUIPMENTS & WORKS
QA APPRAISAL FORM CONTRACTORS
VENDOR REG FORM CONTRACTOR
VENDOR REGISTRATION FEES
A.1.0 Qualification criteria:
Vendors must submit all necessary information / documents in support of their qualification for registration as per the SPECIFIED Vendor Registration Proforma along with the prescribed fees of Rs 5,000/-
A.1.1 MANDATORY QUALIFICATION FOR REGISTRATION:
A.1.1.1 The Vendor must be Registered under Indian Companies Act 1956/ Indian Partnership Act 1932/ The Indian Factories Act 1948 / any relevant Indian Laws, which ever is applicable (For Domestic (Indian) Vendors only) ;
A.1.1.2 The Vendor must have experience of supplying goods/ providing services in relevant / similar lines preferably for at least three years. In case of New Entrants not having previous experience they can be considered with the condition that their supplies / works will be subject to 100% inspection and Registration will initially be done for one year and renewal is subject to satisfactory Vendor Performance.
A.1.1.3 The Vendor must have EXCISE / Sales Tax Registration No./ Service Tax registration No., Separate PF code No. / Permanent Account No/ TIN / which ever is applicable
A.1.1.4 Sub Contractors / Service Providers should also submit relevant licenses from appropriate licensing authority or concerned statutory agencies in respect of works for which registration is sought.
A.1.1.5 Fee received towards vendor registration will not be refunded.
B.Applicable for Indian Vendors only
B.1 HSL is planning to go ahead with e-procurement/ e-tendering shortly. Vendor once approved shall have to create facility like Digital signature Certificate (DSC), Computer system with Internet facility etc., as and when advised by HSL.
B.1.1 If Vendors have DSC please furnish details of Certifying Agency (CA) etc., Not withstanding above, if required, Vendors will have to procure DSC from any other Certifying Authority as intimated by HSL
B.2 Vendor’s confirmation for the same is essential along with the application.
B.3.The vendor must be financially sound. Net worth should be positive.
B.4.The Vendor must meet the statutory compliance as laid down in the Vendor registration form/ instructions.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO VENDORS
- There are separate Registration Forms for SUPPLIERS (Goods/ Equipments / Materials) and for CONTRACTORS (i.e. Sub Contractor / Services Providers). Please Note a VENDOR can register only in one category either as SUPPLIER of Material / Equipment OR CONTRACTOR i.e. Supplier of Services. However HSL reserves the right to relax this stipulation in case of OEMs or their Authorised Dealers.
Clause 1.1 ALL Vendors seeking Registration / Renewal are required to furnish the Undertaking at Annexure –V appended herein below. Applications received without this undertaking will be summarily rejected.
Clause 1.2 Bank Reference / Solvency Certificate should certify the financial soundness of the firm in specific monetary terms.
HINDUSTAN SHIPYARD LIMITED
FORMAT FOR BANK SOLVENCY CERTIFICATE ON BANKERS LETTERHEAD FOR SUPPLIER /CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION M/S...............................................(FULL ADDRESS) A CUSTOMER OF OUR BANK IS SOLVENT UP TO A SUM OF Rs. ...................(IN WORDS)
THIS CERTIFICATE HAS BEEN ISSUED AT THE SPECIFIC REQUEST OF THE FIRM AND IS IN NO WAY BINDING ON OVER BANK OR THE OFFICERS BY WAY OF FINANCIAL OR OTHERWISE.
SIGNATURE OF AUTHORIZED SIGNATORY WITH SEAL OF BANK
Clause 1.3 ALL Vendors seeking Registration / Renewal are required to furnish the PAN CARD in the BUSINESS' Name / FIRM's Name / COMPANY's Name, otherwise the application for Vendor Registration will be rejected
- Request for registration shall be entertained preferably from Manufacturers / Direct Suppliers / Authorised Distributors. Registration shall be accorded for a period of three years and shall be subject to conditions mentioned hereunder and in the certificate of Registration.
1.Thereafter registration shall have to be regularly “Revalidated” before the expiry of validity period by application for “Renewal of Registration” 3 months before the specified date and complying with the procedure therefor.
2.Existing Vendors who’s Registration is more than three years old / Registration validity period has expired will have to register afresh complying with the procedure therefor.
- Vendors are required to complete all parts of the proforma and provide exhaustive information requested therein, in one go to the satisfaction of HSL. Wherever the answer is a statement of fact, it must be accurate and supported by documentary evidence as required. Wherever it is a statement of opinion, it must be both true and reasonable. It is Vendor’s responsibility to answer the questions with such clarity that will ensure HSL does not misinterpret any of the responses and HSL shall not be liable for decisions based on such wrong or inadequate information.
- . Any supplementary sheets or enclosed information must have the name of the vendor clearly marked on it and also the serial number of the question to which it relates.
- The registration process will consist of a multiphase evaluation with the possibility of Vendor’s presentation, Factory/Site visit for inspection, verification of documents/ information, assessment by survey for design, manufacturing and testing facilities for Contractors. After completion of document review and shop floor assessment, as applicable, the case shall be taken up for approval by competent authority and issue of registration letters.
5.1 Vendors are advised to submit Notarized / Original Documents (as detailed in the application form) in support of experience / relevant Registrations or Authorisations mentioned in / attached to the application or else they will be required to produce the Original documents in person for verification.
- HSL reserves the right to call for additional information and check all the information provided and statements made in the application.
- Should a vendor fail to qualify, then HSL reserves the right to refuse a reapplication for registration within 6 months of the date of notification of failure.
- MERE REGISTRATION DOES NOT ENTAIL VENDORS / CONTRACTORS ANY GUARANTEED ORDERS OR AWARD OF CONTRACT AS THE CASE MAY BE OR INCLUSION IN A PARTICULAR TENDER LIST.
1. However, Registered Vendors will be exempted from submission of Tender Fee for participating in Tenders whose estimated value is 20 Lakhs and below, on submission of a copy of valid Vendor Registration Certificate (issued by HSL) along with their bids.
2. Other things remaining the same Registered Vendors will be given preference.
3. For Standard Stock Items those registered as RATE CONTRACT VENDORS with HSL will be given preference.
4. Once Registered Vendor List is made then HSL may resort to Limited Tender within the Approved Vendor List instead of Public Tendering.
- Any inaccuracy in any response given in the questionnaire, or failure to substantiate any response as required by HSL may result in failure to qualify for inclusion in the Vendor Master Data Base (VMDB). Wherever any such information comes to notice at a later date, the vendor may be removed from the Vendor Master Data Base (VMDB).
- Any vendor providing false information or grossly inaccurate or forged documents will stand automatically disqualified for consideration of registration for this or any other future notifications for a minimum period of five years. Also, if such information comes to light after successful qualification and registration, HSL reserves the right to remove the vendor from the Vendor Master Data Base for that category / item / group / area.
- It will be the responsibility of the vendor to submit / update HSL with latest audited Balance Sheet and also to keep HSL informed of any such matter that may affect the vendor’s continued qualification and attributes. Should there be any change in the status of Vendors such that they no longer meet the registration qualification criteria for that particular category / item / group/area, then the vendor should promptly inform HSL of such changes and HSL reserves the right to remove the vendor from the Vendor Master Data Base (VMDB). HSL shall not bear any responsibility or risk whatsoever for any suspension / cancellation consequent to the termination of the vendor’s qualification to be registered.
- In the organizational interest Rules and criteria for qualification for registration are likely to be changed or added to, as deemed necessary for the qualification assessment for a particular purchase / works / project group. Vendor’s who have previously been qualified and whose names are retained on qualified Vendor Master Data Base (VMDB) will be invited to demonstrate that they can comply with the changed or additional criteria. Failure to comply with the changed or additional criteria may result in removal/suspension from the qualified Vendor Master Data Base.
- Throughout the period of validity of Vendor’s registration, the vendor shall voluntarily update HSL with any time-sensitive data supplied at the time of original application for registration without any obligation on part of HSL to seek such information for continuance of the registration.
- HSL keeps the right to undertake further pre-tender qualification to identify suitable tenderers for a particular tender list.
- Once the initial qualification process has been completed and the successful vendors are registered, the database is subjected to annual review. Any allowable re-application will be considered in the next annual review and successful vendors will be registered and the database updated.
- HSL reserves the right to restrict the size of any specific tender list, in accordance with their regulations to a level, which is justified by the characteristics of the award procedure and resources, required to complete it.
- Suppliers who have incurred loss in the latest financial year as per the audited Balance Sheet shall not be considered for registration.
- Suppliers should be operating from notified industrial area and should have all required clearances from Statutory Authorities prior to application and copies of these should be submitted along with application.
- Retention of suppliers in VMDB shall be subject to satisfactory performance on execution of orders and evaluation of performance as per HSL’s approved procedure for performance evaluation of vendors.
- In case of poor/fair rating as per performance evaluation, unsatisfactory infrastructure facilities, overloading, financial / liquidity crunch, labour unrest, strikes, lockouts, etc., suppliers shall be put on “Holiday” from VMDB and shall be reviewed on the basis of progress/ improvement at works.
- In case of receipt of incomplete documentation, supplier may be given opportunity to complete balance data at HSL’s discretion. However, in case supplier is not able to furnish complete data within a period of six months from the date of application, such cases shall be closed and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- The status of Vendors’ application can be verified from the HSL Web Site.
- If number of Registered Vendors / contractors is more HSL reserves the right to return the application.
- Applicants must ascertain specifications of the products / categories / items matching with the requirement of HSL before forwarding their application. All applications should be submitted in duplicate with various enclosures complete in all respects with the requisite registration fee in the manner specified hereunder