Quality & Certification
1. HSL is the first yard in the country to obtain ISO 9001-2000 accreditation. The yard is ISO 9001 - 2015 certified from IRQS for undertaking “Design and Construction of all categories of Defence Ships/ Crafts/Boats, Commercial Vessels upto 80,000 DWT and Repairs of all categories of Ships/ Crafts/ Boats/ Rigs and allied services”.
2. The Quality Division of HSL has developed comprehensive ‘Quality Management System’ which ensured successful completion of the MR of INS Sindhuvir conforming to stringent quality norms stipulated in Russian Repair Documents.
3. The Yard is well known for its tradition of quality first. Its outstanding performance in various projects has enabled the company to receive the certificate of accreditation from Lloyds Register of Shipping / Indian Register of Shipping for Quality Assurance in Shipbuilding and Ship Repairs apart from a recognition by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India for Industrial Radiography. This accreditation signifies the high standards in Total Quality Management achieved by the yard and is an outcome of HSL's commitment to implement rigorous quality control measures drawn on scientific and systematic norms.
4. HSL is the first DPSU shipyard in India confirming to ISO 9001:2015 Standard Quality Management System with a capacity to build and repair upto 80000 DWT vessels for commercial and Defense organisations. HSL presently is in the process of implementation of ISO 18001 OHSAS and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
5. For the effectiveness of QMS, HSL is committed to, ensure resources needed for QMS are available, communicate importance of confirming to QM system requirement, ensure that QMS achieves its intended results, engage and support persons to contribute to the effectiveness of QMS and promote improvement and the use of process approach and risk based thinking.